Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parking Attendant- 2020 Seasonal
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(8/19/2019 1:10 PM)
Do you love nature and beautiful scenery? If the answer is yes then our location here in the Black Hills of South Dakota is calling your name. This is not just a job but an experience of a lifetime, after a day’s work enjoy the many lakes, hiking trails or just relax in our exceptional dorm.
As a Parking Lot Attendant you may receive payment, total bill, accept payment, and makes change for visitors at Parking Facility.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Count “cash bank” at beginning of shift to ensure starting total is correct.
2. Collect cash, credit card and or validation payments and maintain security of items collected.
3. Make change and issues receipts for each transaction.
4. Operated fee computer or cash register (manually of by machine) that calculates fee or transaction due.
5. Request balance due for parking services for which money is received from customer.
6. Maintain cleanliness of booth and grounds and perform housekeeping duties as assigned.
7. Properly assemble funds deposit at end of shift and deposit in drop safe.
8. Assist guests at Pay on Foot stations.
9. Act as first contact with guests as they arrive to the Memorial
10. Employees may be required to direct traffic within the parking facility.
11. Act as a crossing guard at the pedestrian walkway between the parking facility and the memorial.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Work Ethic: The individual must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment where project priorities, task deadlines, and assignments can change quickly and with little notice. The individual must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while working within the guidelines set by their supervisors.
Education: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. :
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to usual temperature ranges (both cool and hot) due to the locations of some of the computer equipment in the different property locations.
• The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Minimal travel outside the property may be required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Guest Service Decision Making Level Ability to make decisions in regards to Guest Service issues. Areas for decision making include parking space assignments, handling and resolving of complaints with authorization from management team. Parking Attendant is authorized to assist guests at payment stations.
The most common guest issues will involve our technology. Examples include;
• Guests dealing with payment machines that are experiencing temporary technical difficulties.
• Guests opting to forgo validating their ticket at a pay on foot station, and do not have a credit card to validate their ticket at the pay in lane station.
Position is allowed to offer, with management authorization, pre-validated parking tickets to resolve issues with frustrated guests. Position is also allowed to authorize parking in spaces up the bus lanes near the pergola for guests with mobility problems who need to be near the Information Center to check out wheelchairs.