United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Therapist FT - Night Shift
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas’ Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist in the Emergency Department for full time opportunities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing the respiratory care needs for assigned patients. The Respiratory Therapist shall assume responsibility for implementing and assessing the therapeutic needs of the patients. The therapist is responsible for the dispersing of respiratory interventions, also to outline the roles and responsibilities determined necessary and essential for the delivery of services and care to the patient population served by Baylor Medical Center at Uptown.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Contribution
- Annual profit sharing bonus
Position required skills for the Respiratory Therapist include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Patient Assessment and Management
- Performs patient assessments according to policy, procedures and prevailing professional standards of care.
- Assess patient response to therapeutic interventions and adjusts treatment plans as indicated/warranted.
- Performs patient chart review to assist with patient care planning and treatment.
- Utilizes Department Protocols and policies to guide patient management.
- Interacts with physicians/ Licenses Independent Practitioners to facilitate the best clinical outcome for the patient.
- Provides education to the patient and or/caregivers to include but not limited to:
- Respiratory disease processes
- Treatment expectations and goals – including medications
- Asthma Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Home Treatment and Care