The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RESIDENT MANAGER - Security Monitor
at The Geo Group
Facility: BLACK HILLS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures and required Company and the client’s contractual requirement. This position follows daily schedules and performs the duties of this position in an exemplary manner at all times.
- This is a full time role, we work eight (8) hour shifts at a 24/7 facility. Our schedules are: 7 AM to 3 PM, 3 PM to 11 PM and 11 PM to 7 AM. Your schedule may vary and overtime may be requested.
Community Alternatives of the Black Hills (CABH) is a residential reentry center that provides programs and services to prepare male and female offenders for a successful transition back to the community. Residents are provided with evidence based programming designed to create a productive lifestyle prior to community reintegration. The center accommodates 68 men and women. The center serves a large Native American population and provides specialized treatment programming that is culturally sensitive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit or area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges others
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary.
- When assigned, monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents.
- Enforces the facility’s rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; one year general work experience.
- Ability to serve as a model for resident behavior; good interpersonal skills.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.