Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- US-SD-Sioux Falls
- Logistics/Transportation/Supply Chain/Whse
- FLSA Status
- 1st Shift
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Staffs, organizes, and directs operations within a warehouse to effectively manage the receipt, storage, selection, packaging, loading, and shipping of products to customers.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
Shortage Reports and Transport Product
- Runs shortage reports comparing customer needs and inventory and transports product from various warehouses to prepare for shipment to meet customer needs.
Production Control and Cost Accounting
- Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
Product Loss Causes
- Identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action.
Internal and External Carrier
- Manages an internal and external carrier which includes organizing, preparing, and setting up delivers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years related experience in a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Previous food processing experience, manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures, preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA/HACCP regulations.
- Knowledge of SAP, Manufacturing software, Inventory software, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Warehouse.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.