Skylla Engineering Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
USMC FSC2 SME III
at Skylla Engineering Ltd.
Skylla Engineering is seeking a SME that can work autonomously in a dynamic environment with responsibilities to provide technical and functional support and expertise to meet the individual requirements for United States Marine Corps Fire Support Command and Control (FSC2) systems deployed and in garrison worldwide.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Support units in implementing advance technical processes and analytical techniques, support operators with optimization of equipment and network resources, advise the equipment user on how to tailor their systems to support unique reporting and operational requirements, and support users and maintainers in diagnosing and correcting maintenance deficiencies.
- Provide direct support of identified requirements in order to support operational forces deploying to an active theater. Support to these efforts may include: integration of specified software segments; hardware integration; burn-in testing; quality assurance; and technical support.
- Represent MARCORSYSCOM PM Fires PO AFATDS FoS to USA FSC2.
- Understand program guidance from PO AFATDS FoS and express this guidance as USMC positions on fire support and system/software requirements.
- Review and understand requirements at the SSS, SRS and external systems ICD level for those systems within the purview of PO AFATDS FoS.
- Extract key points from meetings, briefings and demonstrations and identify potential issue of concern to PM Fires.
- Report critical issues (information judged to be of immediate concern) to PO AFATDS FoS via email, telephone or text as these issues arise.
- Provide a weekly report summarizing all information presented, and positions taken by involved personnel, during meetings, briefings and demonstrations attended.
This position is located at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
This position requires the ability to understand requirements and program objectives and to articulate these to “other service” program management personnel and contractors. A knowledge of AFATDS, EMT/C2PC, BUCS and MTS is required with emphasis on AFATDS. Knowledge of AFATDS FoS usage as defined in appropriate Marine Corps Reference Publications is a perquisite as well as familiarity with USMC and Joint fire support doctrine. This position is intended to enhance PO AFATDS FoS awareness of FSC2 activities. Except for instances of specific delegation of authority to make decisions, this is a liaison and not a decision making position.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in an independent work environment.
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain professional interaction with Government clients, program management personnel and other contractors.
• Salary dependent on experience level.
Twelve (12) years of experience in fire support operations and preferably in Marine Corps MOS 0848 or 0861 or US Army MOS 13C, 13D,13F or 13J with hands-on experience in training and evaluation of procedures, instruction, curriculum management and development, and database management for USMC FSC2 systems. Must include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Must be a recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in relevant technical field.
• US Citizen.
• Active SECRET Clearance required.
Skylla Engineering is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Background Check Required