Martin Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT - 034100 - Advanced Life Support
at Martin Health System
034100 - Advanced Life Support
12 Hr shifts, weekends required
I. Basic Purpose:
Position is responsible for performing all the tasks outlined in the EMS guidelines under Florida Statute 64-E for EMTs. Safely transports and cares for patients before, during and after transport in accordance with departmental protocol and guidelines. Performs all services and completes all documentation in accordance with approved protocol.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Transports patients to and from hospitals, various health facilities, supervised residential institutions and patient/client residences in a safe and timely manner.
4. Operates vehicles in a safe manner, but without undue delay of transports.
5. Receives and delivers supplies, equipment and other materials as requested throughout all Health System sites.
6. Monitors patient condition in order to intervene with proper protocol. Implements approved procedures or protocols necessary for appropriate patient care. Avoids treatments exceeding EMS training, certification or protocols.
7. Performs Basic Life Support independently when necessary.
8. Properly documents information in reports and other communications. Maintains confidentiality of information.
9. Operates vehicles in a safe manner, but without undue delay of transports.
10. Operates clinical equipment, devices and monitors proficiently.
11. Assures that vehicle is checked and supplies are replenished at beginning and ending of assigned shift.
12. Cleans and maintains assigned vehicle as required. Cleans work area as assigned or as necessary.
13. Communicates problems to proper supervisor or Lead Paramedic.
14. Demonstrates professional courtesy to patients, coworkers and other hospital personnel.
15. Communicates with dispatchers in a courteous and respectful manner at designated intervals (referred to as radio check in procedure) to receive instructions and keep dispatchers updated on transport activities.
16. Verify all breaks times with dispatchers for clearance or delay, whichever is appropriate according to the run volume and crew coordination.
17. Assures neat and clean personal appearance and uniform.
18. Arrives at work on time. Accepts responsibility and accountability for compliance with departmental attendance policy.
19. Attends required meetings.
20. Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
21. Maintains certification and licenses as required.
22. Assures promptness in carrying out assignments.
23. Serves as wheelchair and stretcher van transporters and couriers as needed to cover absences and work overloads. Accepts additional work as necessary for completion of department's transportation objectives.
24. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
25. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> High school diploma or equivalent; specialized training consisting of completion of an accredited program for licensure as an EMT;
> Valid Florida Driver's license with clean record--must meet the Martin Health System corporate driver requirements;
> Current, valid Florida EMT license required – Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida licensing database;
> EVOC certificate;
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers;
> Previous clinical experience in areas of assignment.
This position is subject to random drug testing as part of the MHS drug free workplace policy.