LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker
at LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
This position is responsible to assist with meal services and deliveries within a designated area of Food Services within the Community Life Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Assist with meal services and deliveries.
Food Service Worker-MNL Assistant
• Maintain product inventory.
• Assist with serving breakfast and/or lunch meals.
• Help teach skills to people served.
• Deliver contract meals daily.
• Clean work and serving areas.
• Deliver breakfast and lunch hot food to MNL.
• Back up MNL Foreman.
• Contribute to other areas of Food Services as time allows, including cleaning, food prep, dishwashing.
Food Service Worker-Delivery Route 1
• Assist Contract Cook with production of hot foods.
• Count, divide, label and pack hot food items for delivery.
• Load delivery truck and make delivers to contract sites.
• Serve lunch at the Louise location.
• Help with afternoon kitchen cleanup.
• Deliver groceries to residential sites weekly.
• Help put away stock.
• Back up Contract Cook.
Food Service Worker-Delivery Route 2
• Count, divide and package cold food items needed for contract meals.
• Load delivery truck/van and deliver to contract meal sites.
• Clean and organize work area.
• Help serve on the Western Avenue lunch line.
• Help with cleanup in the main kitchen area.
• Back up delivery driver-route 1.
• Perform tasks associated with any of the previous three Food Service Workers.
• Cover for vacations, sick days, open positions, etc., at times on short notice.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE may include:
• City Health Inspections
• Production Goals
• Customer/Public Feedback
• Special Projects
• Adherence to Mission and Core Values
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. One to two years experience working in a commercial kitchen setting or hospital, school, nursing home environment, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Experience in a food service customer relations position (server, hostess, cashier) also desirable. ServeSafe (or similar program) certification helpful. Valid drivers license with no restrictions required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
• Technological competence to use computers and software utilized by the organization.
• Customer service skills.
• Ability to label and count and/or use a cash register and count change.
• Time management skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing on hard surfaces for 8+ hours. Repetitive motion relating to food prep, serving and cleaning. Must be able to lift 40#-50# on a daily basis. Extreme heat/cold experienced during delivery routes. Kitchen can be hot and humid.