LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
Schedule: Work only every third weekend! 40 hours / week - two weekday shifts from 4:30 AM - 1L00 PM / two weekday shifts from 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM and a rotating third weekend from 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM both Saturday and Sunday
This position is responsible to prepare meals to meet nutritional needs of people supported within the kitchen of the Food and Nutrition area at 26th Street in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Prepares and serves meals, following standardized recipes.
• Prepares food for luncheons and special events.
• Prepares special diets.
• Prepares meals for children and staff.
• Assists staff in serving food.
• Replenishes food throughout meal service times.
• Maintains records for food temperatures.
• Maintains records for school lunch program.
• Cleans all food preparation equipment according to use and cleaning procedures.
• Helps standardize recipes.
• Coordinates daily tasks in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
• Tray Audits
• City and State Inspections
• Food Service Policies and Procedures
• Documentation Requirements
• Staff Feedback
• Feedback from People Supported
• Adherence to Mission and Core Values
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Educational food production courses preferred. Two years experience in large scale cooking operation is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. ServeSafe certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attention to detail
• Organizational ability
• Oral communication skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to prepare food items using standardized recipes
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work is performed in a kitchen. This position has personal contact with other dietary workers when preparing meals and with employees and visitors when serving meals.
• This position has been evaluated as a Level III in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA definition of Occupational Exposure to blood borne pathogens). Level III: Positions in this category are not required to perform
tasks which involve exposure to blood, potentially infectious body fluids, or hazardous waste.
• Extended and unusual hours from time to time.
• Lifting requirements up to 50 pounds.