LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LifeScape (Children's Care Hospital & School)
Clinical Psychologist Position open in both Sioux Falls, SD and Rapid City, SD.
This position is responsible for providing outpatient assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention to persons served within the Therapy area in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices. This position will also participate as a member of the autism team in the assessment and treatment of children with autism spectrum disorders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide psychological assessments and treatment.
• Provides outpatient clinical treatment, therapy, and support services to children, youth, adults and their families.
• Conducts individual, family, or group therapy sessions.
• Assesses progress of clients/patients, and modifies or extends treatment programs accordingly.
• Participates as a member of the autism team in the assessment and treatment of children with autism spectrum disorders.
• Provides consultation and therapy services for other LifeScape programs and locations, as needed.
• Administers, interprets, and communicates findings of various psychological assessment instruments, if applicable.
• Communicates with family members/treatment staff in order to further the effectiveness of client/patient treatment and progress.
• Coordinates client/patient billing, and modifies treatment programs in accordance with insurance coverage, plan provisions, and individual ability to pay.
• Provides educational programs on a variety of psychological topics to hospital/community groups as requested.
• Participates in program development to meet identified needs of children and families; serves as an active participant in clinical teams.
• Maintains documentation/records.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
• Regulatory Chart Audits and Reviews
• Safety Record
• Infection Control Practices
• People Served Feedback/Client Goal Attainment
• Peer Feedback
• General Public Feedback
• Clinical Competencies/ Principles of the South Dakota Board of Examiners of Psychologists
• Adherence to Mission and Core Values
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of autism spectrum disorders, mood disorders, and other pediatric mental health conditions.
• Technological competence to use computers, electronic medical record, and software utilized by the organization.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving ability.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work may be performed in a therapy environment, bedside on the Specialty Hospital unit, in a private treatment room, in a residential facility, and/or home. This position has extensive personal contact with patients, family members, educational personnel, and other healthcare staff when implementing individual therapy programs.
This position has been evaluated as a Level I in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) definition of Occupational Exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Level I: Positions in this category are required to perform tasks which involve exposure to blood, potentially infectious body fluids, or hazardous waste.
Requires full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand and walk for extensive periods of time; push, pull and grasp items, finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and the ability to assist in lifting patients weighing 35 pounds, using proper body mechanics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD in Clinical Psychology OR PsyD in Psychology, South Dakota Psychology Licensure, and minimum three years of experience in pediatrics.