Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Coborn's Inc
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Work Schedule
- Variable Shifts, Including Weekends
- Checkout/Front End
- Afternoon, Morning
- Employee Status
Coborn's Wants YOU
We are hiring for an enthusiastic and friendly Cashier who is passionate about providing remarkable guest service with a “Say Yes to the Guest” attitude. The Cashier is responsible for upholding Coborn’s high standard of service by scanning, ringing and/or entering guest merchandise into the cash register, collecting guest payment and delivering appropriate change, bagging, and assisting guests with questions or concerns.
A day in the life of the Cashier may include any combination of the below duties (and more!):
- Maintain a “Say Yes to the Guest” attitude by providing remarkable guest service.
- Operate a cash register in an accurate and efficient manner. Collect money, checks, electronic payments, and coupons from the guest and make correct change and assure the security of the cash drawer at all times.
- Scan or ring items accurately and efficiently. Identify and key in department numbers, produce items, UPC numbers, look up numbers, weights, and other items that are unable to scan.
- Assist guests with locating merchandise and answering questions and/or concerns.
- Assist with bagging guest merchandise in a careful manner as necessary.
- Stock and/or face merchandise on store shelves as needed.
- Follow all applicable federal, state and local applicable laws, rules and restrictions.
Perform other duties within the Front-End department or other areas as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- is a self-motivated and enthusiastic people person who is a guest service “rock star”;
- has excellent communication skills;
- has the ability to efficiently and accurately operate a POS system and accurately handle all forms of payment transactions; and
- is excellent with multi-tasking.
Must be able to work every other weekend and rotating holidays. Must be able to work a wide variety of shifts based on guest and location needs.
At Coborn’s, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable.” Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We’re growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Join our grocery teams and connect with guests in a fast-paced retail position with advancement opportunities where you are encouraged to shine as you use your guest service skills. If you're friendly and dependable and you like to work with terrific guests, we'd love to talk about an opportunity on our team.
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise, Marketplace Foods, and Save-A-Lot stores and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor, Payless Liquor, and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, and Subway.
Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity one guest at a time. With a vibrant and fun work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefits packages, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
Here’s a list of some of the many benefits that we offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
Because we value our people and know our employees enjoy shopping our stores, we offer an employee discount on a variety of private brand items when employees use their MORE Rewards account at checkout.
Because we know everyone needs a coffee break to recharge from time to time, employees who work in a store with a coffee shop receive a discount on their purchase!
In addition to this list, we also offer flexible scheduling. We understand that many of our employees are trying to juggle school, practice, family time, errands and personal hobbies, all with only about 16 hours of “awake time” in a day.
We celebrate a culture of recognition, encouraging employees to recognize and thank one another for remarkable behavior. We even have an app for that!
We’re always looking for motivated, high-potential employees who want to be part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within our company to positions you may not yet even know exist. Coborn’s, Inc. offers a variety of development programs for employees who want to grow their careers with us.
Finally, we believe that building a team of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives inspires fresh thinking and opens us up to new possibilities. We are an EEO/AA Employer - All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.