About Guidewire Software, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graduate Consultant ( Graduate Software Developer) Madrid, Spain
at About Guidewire Software, Inc.
We are looking for Graduate Software Developers to join our <strongprofessional Services team in Madrid, Spain
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Why Guidewire Madrid?
- Competitive salary (base + yearly bonus + Long term Cash Incentive plan, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Additional hours for extra training, allocated resources for you to train and develop + other benefits)
- Career path with support of career coach and mentor, and access to additional technical training
- Work in a friendly start-up atmosphere, within a secure company
- Attend global company meetings
- Internal career opportunities around the globe.
The Madrid Implementation Centre was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products. As an implementation consultant, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally. You will have direct contact with customers dedicated to projects where you flex full development lifecycle skills. The role is generally a non-travel role based close to the centre of Madrid however you will be required to travel to Guidwire’s Dublin office for initial technical training, product Certification. After this training period, you also may be required to travel to Dublin or the US headquarters periodically for additional training and updates.
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products.
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements in a fully Agile environment.
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using our custom-built IDE based off the Intellij platform.
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using Object Oriented code, Web Services (SOAP & Rest), Batch Process, JMS and other enterprise level services.
- Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development.
- The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modelling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Interest and willingness to explore consulting career and passionate about
Keywords : Java, C#, J2EE, XML, Enterprise Java, JEE, Core Java Technology, Core J2EE Technology, Java developer, Java programmer, Java Software Engineer, JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Software Engineer, Agile, Scrum, Object Oriented, OO Coding, ERP, CRM, BI, Enterprise Software, integration, configuration, Consultant, Graduate